When you walk the path of entrepreneurship, you may find yourself feeling like their are SO many wrongs. You may begin to question the decisions you make, feeling overwhelmed, vulnerable, and it can become difficult to get yourself out of your own mind-game. So, we reached out to Wendy Snyder, the creator of Fresh Start Family, a business that teaches parents about how to incorporate Positive Parenting psychology & strategies into their family environments. Not only are you about to dive into Wendy’s story, but hopefully come out feeling like this path of entrepreneurship is not so lonely after all…
1. Where were you a year ago? 3 years ago? How have you grown?
The last year has been a whirlwind!
In April of 2017, I decided to jump in the deep end and take all of my positive parenting teaching online to create FreshStartFamilyOnline.
I poured my heart into content creation, website building, digital marketing, customer service, self-growth & online technical education to make the transition online a success.
2. What are your best tips? Most valuable resources?
3. How did you overcome any obstacles, struggles, etc. that were in your way?
Tears seem to really help me feel better when I reach a state of total overwhelm! Hatched Collective has been one of the spaces I felt comfortable letting my imperfections, overwhelm and vulnerability shine and it has helped me to keep going. Being with others who are facing the same type of mind-games, negative self-talk, limitations, and questions as you, reminds you “I’m not doing anything wrong….I’m just walking the path of entrepreneurship, like all of these other women!”
Also a few more tid-bits of wisdom that I’ve learned along the way:
- Small tweaks can make MAJOR differences. Things like the time of day you send an email out can dramatically improve open rates. It helps to remember that when sales, open rates, subscriber rates, or webinar conversions are disappointing, it doesn’t mean everything is bad. Instead, perhaps, just one area needs to be adjusted.
- Collaborations with the right people are wonderful. Personally email people you adore & let them know that you’d love to work with them one day.
- Debt is often essential to building a business & can be really scary, but is also a gift to be able to hold.
- Self-care is non-negotiable, a must to combat the stress of being an entrepreneur (exercise, meditation, prayer, date nights, naps, etc.)
- Building a business often takes massive courage & vulnerability. Putting yourself out there is scary and invigorating at the same time!
- Celebrate the successes, even small ones. When you add them up, they represent massive wins and growth!
Wendy Snyder is the voice behind Fresh Start Family She is passionate about equipping parents with tools to create strong families built on foundations of mutual-respect, compassionate, connection & trust. Her online classes The Foundations Course & Jesus Guided Parenting teaches parents how to implement Positive Parenting psychology & strategies into their lives and her monthly membership program The Bonfire provides support, coaching & encouragement to keep parents motivated, consistent & successful. She lives in sunny San Diego with her husband and two children.